Some exciting changes are coming to our athletic climate in the Fall of 2019. Among them are:
- Fairview will be competing in a new athletic conference that will benefit our student-athletes with a high level of competition, shorter travel times, and exciting renewed and amplified athletic rivalries from years past. The existing Great Lakes Conference is made up of the following schools: Rocky River, Bay Village, Parma, Normandy, Valley Forge, Holy Name, Elyria Catholic. Joining Fairview in the addition will be former PAC foe, Buckeye and in the Fall of 2020, Lakewood will join the conference to make an even 10 team league.
- Our New Warrior logo will be rolled out in full force. Make sure to gear up with the new logo that will be seen in our school, on our uniforms and equipment, and around town.
- Pay to Participate fees have been raised from $60 at the HS and $40 at the MS to $90 and $60, respectively. This change was made after deep thought, consideration, and comparison to other districts in the area. The 50% increase to each fee will provide roughly $12,000 in additional revenue to the athletic department’s operating budget and will be instrumental in providing the best possible experience for all of our student-athletes. The athletic operating budget covers everything from uniforms and equipment to entry fees to team invitationals, payment of officials, and other supplies instrumental to our teams’ successes.
With this increase, student-athletes will, upon payment of the Pay to Participate fee, receive an All-Sports Pass for the athletic season in which they play. This will all the student to attend all athletic events within their season of play free of charge.
- Ticket prices and policies for athletic events are changing, per Great Lakes Conference bylaws. They are below
- Newly renovated and updates athletic facilities as part of the ongoing school construction project. Some already done and more to come!
- New events/opportunities for our students, as provided by the Great Lakes Conference (just to name a few)
- Conference-Sponsored Honors Band and Choir Concerts at Bay High School
- Competitive Conference for Swimming and Tennis (with an open discussion about adding Bowling in 2020)
- Conference-Sponsored Competitive Cheer competition
- Various sportsmanship and growth workshops throughout the year (details to come)
- Potential partnership with the Positive Coaching Alliance in conjunction with other conference schools
In summary, we are VERY excited about the changes to come here at Fairview both in the athletic department and beyond. With any questions about any of the above, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great rest of the summer and see you in the Fall!